TRINIDAD & TOBAGO CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY HUMAN RESOURCES
The Human Resources Department plays a critical role in the development and implementation of human and industrial relation strategies to ensure that the culture, core values, competencies and structure of the organization as well as the quality, motivation and commitment of staff contribute to the achievement of the Authority’s goals and objectives.
The key objective of the Human Resources Department of the TTCAA is to adopt contemporary approaches to our Human Resources functions within the framework of contributing to the Authority’s Strategic Objectives. This would mean that contemporary approaches will be brought to bear on what are considered traditional Human Resource Functions.
KEY AREAS OF HUMAN RESOURCES
- Recruiting & Employment
- Employee/Employer Relations
- Record Keeping
- Strategic Planning
- Performance Management
- Industrial Relations
The Human Resources Department will continue to support the realization of the Authority’s strategic plan, by providing quality human resource services that promote those areas identified in the Authority’s Strategic Plan. The primary focus areas being to, ‘Engender a culture that would transform the TTCAA into a high performance value driven organization based on its core values and guiding principles.
The Human Resources Department is focussed on providing and sustaining a work environment that facilitates optimum performance using its diverse Human Resources in line with best practices. Where skill gaps are identified, training is provided for employees in accordance with the training plan.
The Human Resources Department will concentrate its efforts in the following areas:
- Employee attraction and retention
- Sustainable employee learning and development (leadership development programmes, management/supervisory training, industrial relations training & technical developmental training)
- Results oriented Performance Management
- Constructive employee relations (employee satisfaction, engagement and performance)
- Recruiting, developing, rewarding and retaining employees with the right attitude and aptitude to meet present and future organizational requirements
- Reviewing the performance management system to ensure alignment with the Authority’s strategic objectives and the individual and personal objectives of employees
- Develop strategies to better facilitate Career Development & Succession Planning
- Facilitating appropriate training and development opportunities to build and sustain a high performing, flexible and motivated workforce